Does the name Frida Kahlo ring a bell? Do you like charming neighborhoods with historic backgrounds and great food? Want to see another magical side of Mexico City? If so, this Core is exactly for you! We will visit the house/museum where Frida lived! afterward, we will go on a tour of the Coyoacán neighborhood. In the end, remotes will do an "alebrijes" workshop with people from Oaxaca and finish the day with cultural and significant learning, at the same time they explore their artistic and expressive side.
- RY staff-guided tour
- Personal Alebrije
- Painting and materials for alebrijes workshop
What's Not Included
- Food or drinks, this is not a food event.
Things You Should Know
- You need to be on time so the museum respects your entrance or ticket, waiting period 10 minutes.
- Bring cash for snacks or extra things you may want to buy in the area, like crafts.
- Be ready for a sunny/rainy day. The weather in Mexico is unpredictable, wear sunscreen, bring a cap/hat and be ready with an umbrella/ raincoat... just in case.
- Drinks or food later during the day are not included.
- Bring comfortable shoes and clothing.
- This is a walking tour.
- This experience is 4 hours long.
RY staff and CL will host this event.
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
One week prior to the event.
Duration | 4 hours
Time | 4pm- 8pm (typically)
Good for | Anyone who likes history, art, and culture while exploring.
Frequently Asked Questions
Loved visiting the museum, the cuyuacan neighbourhood and the alebrijes painting! Some if it was a surprise and we had a really great day!
This experience was a great way to see some of CDMX with the group! Frida Kahlo’s museum is a must visit, and Coyoacan as a whole is a fun place to walk around and explore. It was also fun to end the day at a rooftop bar. Would definitely recommend this experience!
Highly recommend this experience to get an intimate and in depth look at the artistic history and culture.
Such a great experience, even with the rain and the hail storm. Loved it!