- Nature Based
- Fun and Relaxing
- ATVs and Boat Tour
- See a pink lake and know why it is!
Some of the most impressive sites in Senegal are its water bodies. If you have the chance to visit only one lake in Senegal, without a doubt, it should be Lac Rose. Come experience a fun day out riding ATVs out in the desert beside what is known as Lac Rose aka Pink Lake. Why is it called Pink Lake? Come find out what natural feature gives this lake its color and name, while taking a boat tour upon the lake.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone looking for a good time outdoors and in love with nature's wonders.
Meet Our Local Host
Alassane our Local host is a senegalese guy that has been working at the “Lac Rose” for some years now. He is a specialist in the domain and has already worked with several people coming from around the world to visit the lake.
- Meet at workspace and leave for Lac Rose at 8 AM
- 1 hour and 15 minute ride to Lac Rose on private bus
- Arrive at Lac Rose and meet host, Alassane
- 9:30 AM 1st activity led by host will be ATVs for about 45 minutes
- After ATVs one may purchase snacks at an onsite restaurant before boat tour
- 11 AM 2nd activity host will ride along boat tour with boat guide (this is an onsite group activity, drinks are available at post before boat ride starts)
- 12 PM Lunch at restaurant
- 12:45 PM depart for workspace to get back by 2pm
- 45 min ATVs and safety equipment (Choice of double, two seater ATV or single, one seater ATV
- 30 min boat tour
- Local guide at both activities
- Round trip transfer
What’s Not Included
- Restaurant costs
- Drinks during the tour
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 6 people
- Maximum Capacity: 15 people
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before event
- Weather Dependent: Yes
- Difficulty Level: Easy/Medium - ATVs might be tricky for some
- Special Clothing Required: Yes - outdoor activity
- Special Dietary Restrictions: Most dietary needs catered upon request
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / additional services / restaurant charges
- Accommodation: N/A
- Transportation: Round trip transportation included
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
After a two hour drive, we got to our destination and immediately jumped on the ATVs. I had never done this before so I was equal parts excited and nervous. I was the passenger which allowed me to take amazing photos and videos as we drove through the sand dunes, on the beach and through town! Super fun. Then we headed out on a rickety boat on Lac Rose. Unfortunately, due to high winds, the waters were rough and there was no pink. :( But I'm glad we made the attempt! Then we had a quick bite of delicious food and headed home.