- Meet one of Bali’s most prized Balinese dancers
- Learn about Bali’s Pendet Dance
- Learn how to express the stories of drama-dance through Balinese dance
- Learn how Balinese dancers do their famous eyes movement while performing
The Balinese people are known for their artsy blood. While there are a lot of other traditional arts to choose from, the traditional Balinese dance definitely stands out as one of the most highlighted arts of all. When in Bali, dance as the Balinese do! You can sign up for a 2 hour lesson where you’ll learn Bali’s iconic Pendet dance. Tari Pendet symbolizes the welcome of the descents of the Gods to the earth. Hence the title of Island of the Gods for Bali. This experience includes one Balinese scarf for you to wear during the lesson and bring home after.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Dancing is a good form of exercise, if you are into trying a new way of exercising, this experience is tailored for you.
Medium, while dancing in general, is quite challenging for some people, moreover Balinese dance. However, Tari Pendet is perfect for beginners to learn.
Meet Our Local Host
Mbok Sukma was born into a Balinese dancer mother who happens to have a dancing studio of her own. She has started dancing from the age of 3 and never stopped since! She has been traveling the world to represent Bali with her Balinese dance skill since she was in high school.
- Meeting point at BWork multi room
- Introduction by the host
- Get ready to move your body!
- Local instructor - Mbok Sukma will be your Balinese Dance teacher
- Dance instruction
- You will be able to bring back the Balinese scarf
What's Not Included
- Ground Transportation to the venue
Know Before You Go
- Packed water is highly encouraged to bring for the lesson.
- This is not a food event, so there will be no meal provided, make sure you have had your lunch before the lesson
- While Balinese dance performers perform with a full makeup and attire, in this lesson you will not get to experience that, but you will get a Balinese scarf to use during the lesson
- Wearing a comfortable clothes to allow you to move around is highly necessary
- Tipping for your teacher is not necessary.
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
4 days prior to the start of the experience