- Tea invitation, general introduction, and story sharing: 10 minutes
- Experience moving in the dark: 15 minutes
- Practise 5 traditional Vietnamese massage techniques: 45 minutes
- Massage treatment: 60 minutes
Massage is a wonderful opportunity to slow down and reconnect with family, friends, and loved ones, especially with the hurry and stress of many of our everyday lives. Massage can also help us reconnect with our inner selves. For ages, the Vietnamese have used holistic remedies to nurture their bodies and spirits. These enjoyable activities will provide you with an understanding of our most popular health approaches.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone who enjoys massage, health, and wellness, and stepping outside their comfort zone.
Easy - No experience needed
Meet Our Local Host
Omamori Blind Massage is a NGO helping blind people by giving them a job and a safe shelter.
- You will be served a special preparation of traditional Vietnamese herbal tea while listening to peaceful music.
- As you enjoy the fragrance of our carefully selected fresh flowers and appreciate the Vietnamese paintings decorating our premises
- You will be asked a few questions about your health and your special needs so that we can select the best therapist for you.
- After that, you will take part in the 15-minute blind massage class. The class will be a hands-on experience in which you will give and receive a safe, warm touch that feels good, relieves stress, and helps keep us all healthy. You will learn basic massage skills which you can use over and over again for the rest of your life to support healing and create pleasure as the blind.
- Practise 5 traditional Vietnamese massage techniques for around 45 minutes
- You can choose one of two treatment options when the class finishes. Option 1 is OMAMORI TREATMENT (60 minutes) Recommend if you have a stiff muscle or need a lot of pressure. It is a unique Vietnamese treatment that combines deep tissue with acupressure techniques which are especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas. Option 2 is SWEDISH TREATMENT (60 minutes) Recommend if you want a soft and gentle massage. A soft and gentle Western treatment combines long strokes, kneading, and friction techniques on muscles.
- Part 1: 15-minute blind massage class
- Part 2: 45-minute practice traditional Vietnamese massage techniques
- Part 3: 60-minute treatment of choice
What's Not Included
- Anything not mentioned above
Know Before You Go
- Please do not touch the staff or your inappropriately.
- Please do not tip
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
1 week before the event
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a really lovely experience. You have the distinct privilege to support an organization giving reliable, important job opportunities to vision-impaired young people, most of whom go on to earn a considerably good wage from their training and subsequent employment through this organization. The fun and the connection made was real.
And to the next best part: the massage after the training. Woah. Unreal. My masseuse was strong, determined, and calm, and put me in to a trance for easily the best massage of my entire life. I fell asleep and through a time portal during this massage in which I felt like I was going through a very gentle but firm car wash/mashed potato mixer/fresh spaghetti press. You could have bent me into a pretzel or flown me like a kite I was so relaxed after that massage.