- 2 Day / 1 Night
- Natural phenomenon of blue fire that only exists in two locations in the world
- World’s largest acid lake
- Trekking Ijen volcano mountain in East Java
- Crossing the Bali Strait on a ferry to East Java
- Experience sunrise from the Ijen crater
On this trip you are not only going to trek a volcano mountain, but also to see the natural phenomenon of blue fire that only exists in two locations on earth! It might seem to be very inviting for you to swim at the lake, but it turns out that Ijen crater also happens to be the world’s largest acid lake.
This trip will take you out of Bali to Banyuwangi in East Java where the mountain is located. With an elevation of 2.386 meter above sea level, there will be a few posts for you to catch breath during the trek to the crater point.
Indonesia is known as a tropical country located on the equator, however just like any other mountains, the weather at Ijen mountain is also cold, especially that you will be trekking in the middle of the night of your second day of the trip.
You will be back to Bali upon returning from the mountain on the second day.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Nature or mountain lovers! It is also good for fit people.
Medium / Difficult depending on your fitness level. You should be be able to hike and be on your feet for an extended period of time.
Meet Our Local Host
Pak Dewa is your driver and guide for the trip. He has been working in the tourism industry for more than 10 years. When he doesn’t have guests to guide for, he usually sells some souvenirs, clothes or even fresh vegetables.
- Pick up at the accommodation
- Trip to West Bali
- Ferry to Banyuwangi
- Trip to the hotel
- Rest and free agenda
- Transfer to Ijen Plateau to start the trekking to the summit of Ijen
- Back to the Plateau and hotel
- Breakfast and getting ready to go back to Bali
- Local Guide - Pak Dewa will be the driver and guide for this trip. During the trekking, you will be guided by another local guide who is familiar with the track of Ijen mountain.
- Roundtrip transportation to Banyuwangi, East Java and back to Canggu. Ground transportation in Banyuwangi.
- Breakfast - Day 2
What's Not Included
- Meals not mentioned
Know Before You Go
– Banyuwangi is located in East Java, a separated island from mainland Bali.
– Since East Java's culture is quite different from Bali's, it is advisable to wear clothes that are not so revealing.
– Packed water and snacks are highly encouraged to bring for the journey.
– Food is not included in this trip except for the second day breakfast at the hotel. However, your driver will be ready to drive you to get your meal while in Banyuwangi.
– You might be tempted to explore Banyuwangi during the free agenda. However, since the trekking will start in the middle of the night, it is best to rest upon check in at the hotel.
– When you think you cannot continue the trek due to fatigue, there will be a service available where the locals take you up with their sulfur carriage with additional charge.
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
10 days prior to the start of the experience
Frequently Asked Questions
This is an unforgettable experience. We are so lucky to have the opportunity to be able to travel the world and visit such breathtaking natural wonders. Even more so, this experience gives you the opportunity to converse and discover the realities of life for someone who was not born as lucky, but who persevered to accomplish their dreams.
I won't ruin the lessons you can learn for yourself on this experience, but take the time to speak to the amazing guide. He is rich with character and heart and determination, and an easy smile, and you wont be disappointed.
Support someone's dream, and see a spectacular natural wonder while you do it.