- Explore Cappadocia, a masterpiece of nature
- Breathtaking Hot Air Balloon ride
- Visit volcanic lands and whole new landscapes
- Stay in a cave hotel
Thanks to the soft volcanic material (tufa) and the erosion of millions of years by the wind and the rain, the whole area looks like a fantastic, fairy-tale land. Strange rock formations take the form of huge boulders jutting out from the ground at some places and at other times they form eye pleasing, smoothly curved valleys. Varying in color and shape. These “fairy chimneys” (as they are called in Turkish) and the beautiful valleys make one of nature’s most surprising masterpieces, Cappadocia.
The tour starts with Molu, where we welcome to wine tasting at Family Boutique Winery. We drive to Paşabag, it is one of the most beautiful corners of the region with hermitages hollowed out of the volcanic tufa. Take a short break in Derbent, also called the valley of dreams.
We start the second day with hot air balloon tour early in the morning. You will have a chance to hover between spectacular rock formations and surrealistic landscapes. The day will continue with visits to El Nazar Church, Swords Valley and Semi Valley, which is one of the greenest and most captivating place. Your guide will explain how the geology of Cappadocia formed and its social and historical contexts. Then you will be climbing into Rose Valley and visit one of the most impressive churches in the Göreme area, the Church of Columns.
Open-Air Museum of Göreme, town of Avanos which is a pottery producing center since ancient times, Tatlarin Underground City, whirling dervish show at Saruhan Caravanserai and Keşlik Monastery which is rock-cut Byzantine complex are among the other very interesting places you will visit during the tour.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone who is interested in history, culture and nature lovers.
Day 1 - Thursday
Early morning transport from Kadiköy to the airport, fly to İstanbul to Kayseri. Meet with the guide at Kayseri Airport. Kayseri, Molu, Paşabağ, Derbent. Wine testing, visiting Monks Valley and Valley of Dreams. Sunset horse riding (optional)
Day 2 - Friday
Hot Air Ballooning, Bike, Göreme Open Air Museum, Avanos
Day 3 - Saturday
Ihlara Valley, Güzelyurt, Underground City, Saruhan Caravanserai (Dervish show)
Day 4 - Sunday
White Valley Hike, Mustafapaşa (Lunch), Keşlik Monastry. Transfer to the airport and fly to Istanbul back then transport to Kadıköy.
Meet Our Local Host
Gaye Gönülal is our local guide and she has been in the tourism industry for years. She worked as a professional PADI diving instructor in Antalya as well. She followed her love and walked the famous path in Turkey and became a trekking guide. Gaye moved to Cappadocia more than 18 years ago and became a professional guide. She has a very energetic, talkative and fun personality. She is interested in history and good food.What's Included
- 4 days English speaking guide, 1 day biking guides.
- Hot air balloon ride (Subject to the weather conditions)
- Transfers in Cappadocia (also from/to airports upon arrival/departure in Cappadocia)
- Breakfast and lunch included
- 3 nights’ accommodation in cave hotel
- Whirling dervish show
- Wine tasting in Molu
- Entrance fees to museums and sites
What's Not Included
- Anything not mentioned above
- Soft and alcoholic drinks during meals
- Tips and gratuities
- Minimum Needed: 8 people
- Maximum Capacity: 25 people
- Booking Deadline: 14 days before the trip
- Weather Dependent: Yes - Hot Air Balloon Ride is subject to the weather conditions. If the civil aviation authority do not allow balloons to take off, we will have to wait for the next morning. Cappadocia has one of the most suitable weather conditions in the world, so, keep fingers crossed)
- Difficulty Level: Easy - no experience necessary.
- Special Clothing Required: No
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping or additional services
- Recommended Flights: Turkish Airlines Arriving Thursday Aug 18 SAW 8AM - ASR 9.15AM // Departing Sun Aug 21 ASR 9:45PM - SAW 11PM **Please do not book until this trip is confirmed. Remote Year will not refunds for flights booked before the trip is confirmed.**