– Learn how to cook a few Balinese dish
– Learn how a traditional Balinese House Compound looks like
– Interact with a whole local Balinese family during your class
– Traditional market tour
– Enjoy the Chef selected Balinese dish for your lunch
This class will give you not only hands-on experience in making traditional Balinese dishes but also an experience to tour and witness how the locals are doing transactions in the local market. The class will take place in an area near Ubud that portrays a different landscape to Canggu. The class is hosted by a warm Balinese family inside their Balinese house compound.
Who This Experience Is Good For
It is good for you who would want to learn about Balinese tradition; mainly the dishes and the housing situation as a plus! Vegans and vegetarians are also welcome.
Easy, no experience necessary.
Meet Our Local Host
The cooking class will be held by Chef Dewa Jana, a local Balinese with experience as a chef in a 5 stars hotel for more than 20 years. If you know a little or a lot about cooking, Chef Dewa Jana will definitely be the perfect discussion partner for you!
- Pick up at the accommodation
- Arrival at the cooking class premise
- Traditional market tour
- Hands on cooking class
- Back to Canggu
- Local Guide - Local chef
- Ground Transportation - Roundtrip to Ubud and back to Canggu
- Walking Tour - Traditional market tour where the host will explain the ingredients and spices used later in the cooking.
- Food - Snacks - Crispy fried banana
- Food - Jukut Jepang Mekuah, a chayote and red bean soup topped with crispy shallots. Be Siap Mebase Kalas, chicken leg braised in turmeric coconut gravy. Sate Lilit Ayam, minced chicken mixed with grated coconut and kaffir lime satay. Jukut Pakis, Fern tip & green bean salad topped with grated coconut and garlic chilli dressing. Sambal Ulek, Indonesian tomato & chilli paste, Nasi Sela, sweet potato rice. End with Dadar Gulung, a Balinese crepe filled with palm sugar coated grated
- Drinks - Mineral Water, Coffee or Tea
What's Not Included
- Extra food or drinks not mentioned
Know Before You Go
- The cooking class is located in an area near Ubud, it will take around one hour to reach the premise
- Packed water and snacks are highly encouraged for the journey.
- Vegan and Vegetarian menu is also available
- This cooking class is set in the morning to catch the opening hour of the local traditional market that you will be visiting for the market tour
- Tipping for your host/driver is not necessary.
- If you have low tolerance for spicy food, to bring something that helps you with the burning sensation is highly recommended
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
10 days prior to the start of the experience