- Visit Green and Fish markets in the Old Town
- Prepare and enjoy 5 simple courses of traditional Dalmatian food
- Learn about healthiest diet in the world
Meet Tanja, a local cookbook author and an expert on traditional Dalmatian cuisine and enjoy a unique cooking class experience in her beautiful home at the very heart of the city. Join her in the morning for a stroll down the green markets and fish markets to see where all your ingredients are coming from. Get a chance to talk to local vendors and find out just how fresh your food is. Carry on talking with Tanja, enjoying a glass of vino while chopping food and get to work as you talk the afternoon away in Tanja’s very own kitchen area. Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of recipes shown, as these are proven to amaze and surprise people. Mediterranean food doing what it does best- showing you that sometimes less is more. Enjoy the fruits of your ‘hard labor’ - dalmatian buzzara, sea food pate, prosciutto cooked in wine, aromatized polenta and dried figs cooked in Prošek, all on Tanja’s rooftop terrace and soak up the sun along with all the powerful flavors that will spoil your palate. 5 courses prepared and eaten :)
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone interested in the gastronomy of the destination they are visiting
- Anyone interested in immersing themslves with the local people
- Anyone interested in developing a new skill
- Cooking instruction with local host, Tanja
- All the fresh ingredients for your 5 courses meal
- Great wine
Whats Not Included
- Tanja's very own cookbook which you can purchase on the spot, if you'd like.
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 2 people
- Maximum Capacity: 5 people
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / additional services
Tanja is Split local and a skilled amateur chef bringing diverse sides of the Croatian cusine to a unique simmer. She is a food blogger and has published her own Dalmatian recipes cookbook.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do it. It will be far better than you could expect. Tanja is phenomenal; buy her book.
I definitely enjoyed cooking and learning how to cook Dalmatian food, in terms of cooking the experience was GREAT!, the food was amazing, same as the process, but what I enjoyed the most was the time with Tanja, she is SO fun, smart, so easy to talk with, great sense of humor-vibe-energy and with an incredible knowledge of history. This was my fav experience, a great time to meet with a local person and see things from a local perspective. I strongly suggest this, and if you are the only one subscribed from your group (like I was) don't cancel it, I think it would be even better.
Strolling through the fish market added to hands-on cooking and eating for delicious lunch made for a delightful day and true cultural experience.
Fun walk through the seafood and fresh markets along as well as visiting a private home to prepare a fantastic local meal.
Tanja is an amazing Dalmatian cook and even more so an amazing person. She was so knowledgeable about the history of the palace, the green market, and the fish market. Her apartment where we cooked has picturesque view of the Diocletians Palace and it was such cozy atmosphere to cook and drink wine.
We loved learning but even more so getting to know Tanja. We were all glad we signed up for this experience.