Highlights- Visit one of the most beautiful towns of Colombia.
- Great views and landscapes.
- Great food options.
- Be immerse in nature.
DescriptionTake a unique adventure to Guatapé with one of our favorite tour guides in Medellin, Rafa. He will be showing you his cozy home located in El Peñol for breakfast and beautiful views. You'll spend some time exploring the beautiful town of Guatapé, one of the Colombian's most photographed sites due to its colorful streets and famous zocalos.
Jump off a bridge into the water with friends or hike up the iconic giant granite rock Piedra del Peñol, 649 steps & take in a breathtaking view. If you are up to It, immerse yourself in a wakesurfing adventure or enjoy the boat ride.
Who This Experience Is Good For
For anyone who likes adventure as well as to escape from the hustle of the city to nature.
Meet Our Local HostMy name is Rafael, but everyone calls me by RAFA. I've been living in Guatapé for many years. I'm a hippie soul that is always seeking to be connected with nature and disconnected from technology, that's why I always encourage the travelers to be present in every activity or places that we visit during the experience as well as to enjoy the views, listen to music and be grateful for a new day.
- Our adventure begins by driving for about an hour to our first stop.
- Visit the replica of El Peñol.
- Lake and wake board time (Wake boarding has a Max capacity)
- Hike up to La piedra del Peñol (about 700 stairs)
- Visit Guatapé town.
- Drive back to Medellin.
- English speaking Tour Guide
- Private transportation
- Breakfast & Lunch
- El Peñol entrance
What’s Not Included
- Extra food
- Extra Snacks
- Wakeboard ($120.000 COP cash only)
- Tips for Vendors
Know Before You Go- Minimum Needed: 6 people
- Maximum Capacity: 29 people
- Booking Deadline: 72 hours before event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy/ Moderate | may opt-out of stairs and uphill walking |
- Special Clothing Required: Yes - Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, bring swim suit, hat or cap, towel, sunscreen and rain jacket.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping or extra drinks.
- Transportation: Included
- Additional Information: It is a full day experience, expect to be back around 8pm to 9 pm. (Traffic dependent)
Frequently Asked Questions
Somebody asked me what the "ups and downs" of the experience were, and I honestly couldn't think of a "down." Good times all around - and amazing food. Rafa, Andrés and team led us through an incredible weekend. If you come to Medellín, this one is a must do. If there's an option to make it an overnight, take it!
An amazing day - all of it was so fun! You MUST do this while in Colombia!
Guatape is an incredible place to visit, but just as with many things in life, it isn't so much the places you go but rather the people you meet. Rafa is the poster child of this. He goes out his way to make you feel like you are just one of the gang, part of his cadre of fun and interesting co-guides, and that you are all just having a fun day in the van together.
Get wild, get crazy. Do something you haven't before. Do it in a Van, for heaven's sake.
Rafa was the best tour guide I’ve ever had. He made the experience super cool and was a great host at his home.