– Socially conscious
– Meet your furry neighbors for the month
– Help take care and involve in these animals’ wellbeing
– Learn a new perspective of Istanbul
In this unique experience you will interact with adorable animals, learn about Istanbul from a local perspective and explore a neighborhood less traveled where there is a strong and inspiring sense of community.
Moda is a lively, artsy and close-knit community that has taken an entirely new approach to the care of its street cats and dogs. Their focus has been to ‘adopt’ stray animals as a community -not as individuals- to tag and feed our four-legged friends, to provide medical help when needed and of course to shower them with love and affection sporadically. As far as we know, this is a unique system.
Burcu will introduce you to many of the cats and dogs that you will be living with and hopefully still care for in Moda. You will learn about their stories, their routines, their friends and alliances and get to know how they have become such an important part of the community.
Who This Experience Is Good For
It is good for animal lovers, socially conscious people and anyone that is curious for learning a new and unique system.
Easy, no experience necessary.
Meet Our Local Host
Burcu was born and raised in Moda, an amazing neighborhood on the less touristy Asian side of Istanbul. Since she was a little girl, she has been an animal lover and an advocate for the care and wellbeing of ALL the community members of the area. The neighborhood is a haven from the bigger city, which has allowed them to come together to protect and care for their street animals in a new and unique way.
- Walk through the streets of Moda with a local: Burcu
- Help take care and involve in these animals’ wellbeing
What's Not Included
- Extra food or drinks not mentioned
- Anything not mentioned above
- Treats for your new friends!
Know Before You Go
- Weather Dependent: Yes
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: Yes - We will be walking and standing the majority of the time, wear comfortable clothing and shoes, avoid light-coloured clothes.
- Extra Cash: This experience is on to care for the animals & more donations are welcome and very much needed.
- If you buy a special treat to our friends would be really nice (ranchos for dogs, wet foods for cats)
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
5 days prior to the start of the experience