If you’re looking to see more of the incredible countryside without venturing outside of the Western Cape then this experience is the one. The Garden Route and Klein Karoo along SA's south western coastline offers travelers contrasting landscapes from mountain passes and untouched beaches to paragliding over lagoons and jumping the world's highest bungee natural jump. The 2nd half of the tour ventures into the gems of our unique inland semi-desert region. Africa’s largest cave system, family owned wineries, craft breweries and tasty culinary experiences are rife in this area. 4 Days. 4 Regions, over 1200 kilometers of pure road trip joy! For the traveler looking to experience a little bit of everything that the Western Cape has to offer.
We head east after departing Cape Town and our first stop is SA’s most loved farmstall for a quick breakfast stop (locals love a good farm stall). Established in the sixties, Peregrine has been serving generations of travelers seeking honest homemade fare and warm country hospitality. Situated in the beautiful and fertile Elgin Valley, Peregrine offers an abundance of locally sourced artisanal goods and wholesome, responsibly farmed, fresh produce.
Our journey then takes us to one of the Cape’s best safari experiences, The Garden Route Game Lodge. Enjoy a relaxed safari in an open Landrover with an expert safari guide who will do their best to bring sightings of lion, elephant, white rhino, buffalo and cheetah. The reserve is also home to giraffe, zebra and numerous antelope species. This Safari drive will take between 2 and 3 hours depending on how much time is spent at each sighting. Lunch (for your own account) will be in the thatch restaurant overlooking the reserve once you have returned from your time with the animals.
Paraglide over the forests and lagoons of the Wilderness or Sedgefield with our friends from Dolphin Paragliding. With over 20 years of experience in this area, using the best gear you’ll get to enjoy a tandem flight over some of the best scenery of the trip. Launch site will depend on where the best winds are for the day. Landing takes place on the beach or a safe open field depending on the launch site. *Weather permitting*
Day 4 - Route 62 back to Cape Town. Quirky Towns. Silverthorn Bubbly or Damn Good Mountain Beer.
A privately owned secret brewery in the mountains of Robertson where you'll be treated to a tour of the beer making process from some pioneers of the SA craft beer industry. The Saggy Stone Brewery is also home to a traditional style pub and grub type outdoor restaurant which is known for its generous portions, live local music on Sundays and homey atmosphere.
- Transportation in a high rise SUV or a 7 seater touring van
- Food - Snack pack on day 1
- Food - Breakfast on days 2, 3 & 4
- Food - Dinner on Day 1 & 2
- Private Guide + Location Step-on Guides where applicable
- Accommodation - 3 Nights Accommodation in 4* Establishments
- Safari Drive at Garden Route Game Lodge (2-3hrs)
- Kayaking and Waterfall Walk/Hike
- Braai BBQ Dinner Experience
- Sundowner Drink at end of Day 1 (Pesky Hobbit Craft Gin, Wine or Beer)
- Cango Caves Heritage Tour
- Craft Beer or Wine Tasting Experience on Final Day
- 2 X 500ml water bottles per day
- A Reveler Tours, Nava Apparel branded cap (colour at discretion of the vendor)
- Lunch on all days will be for your own account
- Dinner on day 3
- 2nd Activity on day 2:
- Paragliding Experience - 65 USD excluding camera footage
- Bungee Jumping Experience - 100 USD
- Bungee Bridge Walk - 15 USD (For those who only want to watch the bungee)
- Wagyu & wine pairing on day 3 - 15 USD
- ANY additional food or beverages purchases
- Special clothing required - Warm weather Swimming attire and sun cream for the summer months and kayaking + beach towel
- Single rooms COULD BE available on request but this cannot be guaranteed
- Warmer clothes for the winter months
- Comfortable walking shoes (Hiking boots not necessary)
- The weather on the Garden Route is as unpredictable as Cape Town. Day 2's activities are all outdoor and will go ahead come rain or shine.
- The paragliding can only take place should the wind be optimal. It is possible than this experience gets substituted by a forest ATV trail activity (35-45 USD)
- The Garden Route and Karoo is not as vegan or vegetarian friendly as Cape Town. We have made accommodation for all dietary requests for the breakfasts and dinners included. We'll always try our best to stop at lunch spots to suit everyone but please be aware that they are not as easily found as in the main city.
Your host(s) will be Blaine Smith or Ryan Louw, local South African tourist guides. Blaine has lived in 6 of South Africa’s 9 different provinces and currently ventures all over the country on various expeditions. Ryan chose to make the Western Cape his home after a stint up north, you won’t find a bigger patriot for his country anywhere else! We left the corporate world to celebrate South African people, landscapes and products in that order. We’d love for you to join us! You’ll be in the best of South African hands.
Minimum number needed to operate
14 days prior to the start of the experience
Frequently Asked Questions
Road trip vibes, beautiful views, and fantastic friendly hosts/guides
The trip is so much better than the description!
This was such an amazing weekend! I don't love usually road trips but the views were so spectacular that I never wanted it to end. It was the perfect balance of driving, great food, experiences, and really nice accommodation.
Amazing time! The description of the event does not come close to what they experience truly is. It’s breathtaking moments filled with fun challenges that allow you to test your limits, see beautiful places, have great laughs and good.
A weekend filled to the brim with exciting activities, wonderful food and stunning vistas. Blaine and Stef were so much fun and made sure we hit all of the highlights.