- Find the best spots for photos in the old quarter
- Be guided by a professional photographer
- Learn technical tips for better photography
We will walk together along a specific itinerary to get to some of the most interesting spots in the old quarter, the heart and soul of Hanoi. We will stop in those places for several minutes for a photo session. Huy will give you practical tips and professional tricks to get the best from the situation. He will constantly correct and lead your way in taking photos, with a strong focus on people and their frenetic activities. He will push you to have a more professional photography approach, even with using a smartphone. He will teach you an approach and a way of using the camera you will find useful even after our workshop, during your journey in the country.
The focus of this tour will be more on providing you with technical photography tips while exploring Hanoi.
2 pm: Meet at 1 Hang Khoai - Icebreaker
- Walk to the Long Bien bridge. If the weather is nice, walk along the bridge and go down to the banana island. Enjoy the island, go to the swimming pool or the gym
- Highlight how integrated the market and local people's house is
- Go through Dong Xuan market
- Go to Thanh Ha Street
- Review photo: Go deep into composition, lighting, and focal length. Each one has a theme for the next phase
- Go to Thuoc Bac street
- Go to Hang Vai street
- Tea break in the local tea shop
- Go to Cong Duc Street
- Walk to Train track by Phung Hung street
- Review photos
6 pm: Finish tour
Meet Our Local Host
Mai Huy is a professional photographer based in Hanoi.
He has been enjoying photography for more than 10 years. Huy loves creating beautiful portraits using Hanoi, his fav city as the background. He specialized in social and documentary reportage and a long experience in travel photography, his photographic interest is more focused on people and daily life. Hanoi is a treasure for street and reportage photography. He will give you practical tips to improve your level quickly, whatever your equipment is (reflex or compact camera, smartphone,...).
- English-speaking guide
What's Not Included
- Transportation to and from the event
- Food, drinks, and other expenses
What To Bring
- Your camera or phone
Deadline To Book
1 week before the event
Minimum Number To Operate