Chiang Mai, Thailand
– Trekking to the hidden village among the forest
– Visit Lahu hill tribe village
– Take a bamboo rafting
Trek to a Lahu hill tribe village hidden deep in the jungle. After the trek, we’ll reward ourselves with a delicious lunch, enjoy the stroll seeing the scenery of this hidden village and cap it off with a bamboo rafting adventure. There are only about 10 - 15 households in this village. There is no electricity and the villagers depend on solar cells for light at night. There are only 2 ways to get in which is via the river or trekking through the jungle.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Adventure seekers who love the water and enjoy the discovery of the unseen beauty of nature.
– Medium-level trekking for experienced trekkers
– Very very strenuous for trekking for beginners
Meet Our Local Host
- 8:00 AM Meet at Palm Springs Parlor parking lot
- Have breakfast at Mon Raming restaurant (Stir Fried Rice Noodle with Chicken or vegetarian/vegan version) and have a toilet break
- Continue the drive to Sop Gai Temple
- Meet the local guide and have a toilet stop at Sop Gai Temple
- Head to the transfer point 200 meters away. Leave unnecessary things in the van. Hop on Songtaew, get a bottle of drinking water and go to a trekking spot.
- Trek through the villager’s trail for 2 hours.
- Arrive at the village. Take a break, and enjoy the stunning view while waiting for the guide to prepare lunch
- Have Lunch together. Shared dishes.
- Wear life jacket, put your things in plastic bag and get ready for the raft
- Rafting to the parking area of the van. Get off the raft and prepare to take a long drive to head back
- Arrive at Palm Springs Parlor
***Time is very varied and can be changed depending on the situation and weather
– Breakfast (Stir Fried Rice Noodle with Chicken or vegetarian/vegan version)
– Local guide during the trek
– 1 bottle of drinking water at the meeting point for trekking
– 1 bottle of drinking water in the van
– Roundtrip transportation to the meeting point
– Local lunch
– Bamboo rafting
– Local insurance
What's Not Included
– Extra Food
– Extra Drinks
Know Before You Go
– Please bring small backpack to carry your personal items during the trek. You will be 100% wet while rafting, so please pack with caution.
– Wear trekking outfits + non-slippery shoes for trekking and flip flop and bring clothes to change after rafting.
– We recommend to bring: Sunscreen and insect repellent, Rain jacket or poncho in case it rains, Body towel, Some money for extra snacks or drinks, Toilet paper and hand sanitizer
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
1 week before the experience