- Visit one of the most secluded and most visited beaches in the south of Peru
- Participate in one of the most amazing experiences you can ever live/enjoy. Yes, this is THE BIG SURPRISE! Beware: remotes tearing of joy is not a rare thing here
- Dance and party at one of the best, if not the best hostel in Peru
- Enjoy nature and the animal life found on a rocky island nearby, if you love penguins, then this is for you
- Visit the hidden gem that is the oasis of Huacachina. Dune buggy rides, sand-sledding, fun, adrenaline and beautiful landscapes await!
This is an overnight trip to Paracas and Huacachina. We will travel for about 3 hours to this beautiful town. After getting ready, we will head over to the Paracas National Reserve to visit one of the most popular beaches in Peru called La Mina!! Then we will be driving back to Paracas to have lunch, check into our rooms and chill. In the afternoon (around 4 pm-4:30 pm) we will be heading to our surprise event! You can totally trust me that it will be unique and absolutely awesome!!
The next morning we'll visit the Ballestas Islands, aka "the poor man Galapagos", this is a boat ride where you will have the chance to see some Penguins (who would have thought that there were Penguins in Peru!), tons of sea lions, birds and beautiful scenery. After that, we will travel together to Ica and eventually to the oasis of Huacachina, where we will enjoy the dune buggy/sand sledding activities!!
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone interested in the outdoors, nature, adventure and fun
Meet Our Local Host
This awesome trip will be led by your Lima City Manager. Paracas and Huacachina are like second homes to me so it is guaranteed that you will be getting the best experience possible in these two locations.
- 7AM: Pick-up from Selina
- 8:30AM: Breakfast at Mirasur Restaurant
- 12PM: Arrival to La Mina - Paracas
- 1:15-1:30PM: Lunch
- 2:30PM: Accommodation check-in
- 3:30/4:30PM: Surprise event (time depends on the season)
- 8:30PM: Dinner
- 9AM: Ballestas Islands
- 12PM: Leave Paracas, bus ride to Ica
- 1PM: Lunch at Don Pancho's restaurant
- 2:30PM: Arrival to Huacachina
- 4:00/4:30PM: Dune Buggy and sandboarding event (time depends on the season)
- 6:30/7PM: Get ready and trip back to Lima (time depends on the season)
- Private transportation
- Accommodation in Paracas
- Sand sledding & dune buggies, and all the other activities listed on the itinerary
- Breakfast and lunch on both days
- Dinner on day 2
- Entrance tickets to the Paracas Reserve, Ballestas Islands and Dune buggy tour in Huacachina
What's Not Included
- Dinner on day 1
- Additional food, drinks
- Tips for vendors
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 10 people
- Maximum Capacity: 80 people
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before the event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: No
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / donation / additional services
- What To Bring: Bring your swimsuit, comfy clothes, shorts, a windbreaker or sweater or jacket, sunglasses, sunscreen, a small backpack, a towel
- Schedule: Please know that the schedule can change or be modified. You will be notified if that is the case but overall, we leave at 7 am on Saturday and come back a little past 11 pm on Sunday
- No refunds: There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors
Frequently Asked Questions
This was an amazing experience not only for the nature and experiences, but also time to bond with your fellow RYers. From the sand dunes to boats to swimming, this weekend is perfectly curated to show you some of the "best of" from Peru. This trip is not to be missed.
My title is my review. haha. This place is minimal, but very special. If I could have stayed longer each time, I would have. This is what adventure and beauty is made of!
Huacachina Reloaded was an amazing adventure! The sand dunes look like something out of a movie and being able to explore them by dune buggy is a must. There was a boat tour to see amazing rock formations, Penguins, and Sea Lions. We also had beach time and partied at a fun hostel Saturday night! I highly recommend this weekend trip; you won’t regret booking it!
Huacachina was fun, but this extra addon made it that much better. From swimming in the ocean to climbing sand dunes to trips out on the water, it was awesome. The "surprise" was beautiful too. It was one of the top highlights of the month. Bring your swim suite though, because you're going to need it!
If you are wavering on doing this or the regular Huacachina or even (gasp!) not going to Huacachina at all... well, don't waver. Do this! Just a picture of "the surprise" makes all the social media followers' jaws drop. And then there is the sandboarding, buggy rides, ballestas island tour, and an awesome hostel party. Jump in. You won't regret it.