- 6 days, 5 nights
- Roma welcome dinner
- Limoncello Tasting
- Relax on the black sand beaches of Positano
- Explore the island of Capri
Meet us in Italy and find yourself exploring Rome and the famous Amalfi Coast! Start this adventure in the ancient city of Rome. You'll be amazed by the architecture as you around this outside museum with historical points at every turn. After a taste of this magical city you'll be off to explore the Amalfi Coast. You'll spend the evenings based in bustling downtown Sorrento where you'll get to taste limoncello from the source and explore the Italian nightlife. We'll take a ferry to the black sand beaches of Positano where you can explore the winding roads, indulge in the best Italian panini's, gelato and seafood before taking an afternoon nap on the beach in the southern Italian sun. The next day we'll take a private boat tour of the island of Capri with a chance to visit the Blue Grotto. You'll have the day to explore the island from Marina Grande up to the top of Anacapri where you can enjoy panoramic views of the breathtaking Italian coast. This destination is a dream come true and you won't want to miss it!
Who This Trip Is Good For
This is a great experience for adventurous people who enjoy moving from one location to the next and taking in all of the beauty along the way. The Amalfi Coast requires a lot of logistics to get around so if you prefer to sit back and enjoy the moment, we'll take care of the planning so you can enjoy the limoncello!
Medium /Hard- This trip requires a lot of movement. From Rome to Naples to Sorrento, Sorrento to Positano, Sorrento to Capri and Sorrento back to Naples. You'll be moving around from bus to the ferry, walking from one place to another, ferry to buses, etc. Please note, the Amalfi Coast is beautiful but requires a lot of movement and walking.
Day 1 - Rome Arrival Day
You'll arrive to Rome Fiumicino or Ciampino Airport. You'll be transferred to Rome center where you'll be checked into a four star hotel for two nights. Depending on your arrival time, you'll have free time in the afternoon. We'll meet up and enjoy a Roma rooftop drink to kick start the trip! For those interested, we'll make reservations for an optional truffle dinner experience.
Day 2 - Roaming Rome
Breakfast will be available at the accommodation or you can check out a local cafe for an Italian espresso and croissant as the locals do. There will be an early morning walking tour to get a feel for the city and take in the history. Lunch can be organized at a local restaurant for those interested. Otherwise, the afternoon is free to explore on your own. The group will meet up again for a Welcome Dinner with 3 courses and wine.
Day 3 - Rome To Sorrento
Breakfast will be available at the accommodation or you can check out a local cafe. We'll make our way to the Roma Termini train station to catch our train to Naples. We'll have second class tickets from Roma Termini to Naples Central train station. From here you'll be transferred to Sorrento center where you'll be checked into your hotel. We'll take a brief walking tour of Sorrento. In the evening we'll enjoy a limoncello tasting. Dinner reservations will be made upon request in downtown Sorrento.
Day 4 - A Day in Dreamy Positano
You'll take breakfast at the hotel before departing for the day. You'll then be transferred to the ferry port where you'll catch the ferry to Positano. The guide will give you a short tour of Positano town center and point out options for lunch and shopping. In the evening you'll catch the ferry back to Sorrento to spend the evening in town as you please.
Day 4 Add-on Options
Positano Boat Tour - Price: $110pp - You have the opportunity to add-on a Private Boat Tour with drinks, swim stops, snorkeling and stops in Positano and the town of Amalfi. Minimum needed for this add-on is 6 people.
Cooking Class and Wine Tasting - Price: $65pp - You have the opportunity to add-on an Italian cooking class and wine tasting.
Day 5 - A Day on the Island of Capri
You'll enjoy breakfast at the hotel. You'll then be transferred to the ferry port where you'll catch a private boat and tour around the island of Capri. You will have the option to enter the Blue Grotto at an additional cost to be paid in person to the local boat men. After the boat tour, you will have the day to explore the island from Marina Grande to Anacapri at the top of the island. Bus transport to and from the top of the island is included. In the evening, you will head back to Sorrento for your final night to explore and enjoy as you please!
Day 5 Add-on Options
Blue Grotto - Price: €20pp - You have the opportunity to hop on a tiny boat and enter the Blue Grotto if the conditions are aligned. Cost paid directly to the boat men.
Anacapri Chairlift - Price: €20pp - You have the opportunity to take a chairlift to the very top of the island for incredible panoramic views. Cost paid directly at the chairlift.
Day 6 - Departure Day
You enjoy a last breakfast at the hotel. Once you check out of the hotel, you will be transferred to Naples International Airport to connect for you departing flight.
- Local Guide - Trip companion to support with lunch, dinner reservations, recommendations and logistical needs
- Accommodation - 2 nights at a 4 star hotel in central Rome
- Accommodation - 3 nights at a 4 star hotel in central Sorrento
- Ground Transportation - Airport pick up and transfer to Rome hotel
- Ground Transportation - Second Class Train to Naples
- Ground Transportation - Private bus transfer to Sorrento
- Public Boat Transportation - Round trip to Positano
- Private Boat Transportation - Round trip to the island of Capri
- Private Bus Transportation - To Anacapri and back to Marina Grande
- Drink - Welcome Rooftop Drink Day 1
- Drink - Local Aperitivo Day 5
- Food - Breakfast Day 2 to 6
- Food - Welcome Dinner Day 2
- Food - Farewell Aperitivo Day 5
- Local Experience - Walking Tour of Rome
- Local Experience - Brief Sorrento walking tour
- Local Experience - Limoncello tour and tasting
What's Not Included
- Air Transportation - Arriving flight to Rome and departing flight from Naples or Rome
- Ground Transportation - Onward transfer from Sorrento
- Food - Meals not mentioned above
- Add-On - Positano Boat Adventure, Pasta Cooking Class and Wine Tasting, Blue Grotto Entrance and Anacapri Chairlift.
- Tips for vendors and guides
Things You Should Know
- The Amalfi Coast is a special place that requires many logistics to get around. Please note, there will be plenty of walking, boats, buses and movement on this trip.
- Although you will be able to connect via hotspot or wifi at the hotel and cafes, we recommend not planning to work full time while on this trip. This trip is meant to enjoy some time off with some ability to check in when needed.
- Transfer on the last day is not included and the local guide will help organize options based on your individual travel plans. Some people may want to visit Pompeii or Naples before their onward travel.
- Accommodation - Shared Room will be either two people to a room.
- Accommodation - Private Room will be a private room for one person.
- Restrictions for Italy still include masks in public places such as restaurants and transportation.
- Please do not book flights until this trip has been confirmed
Minimum Needed To Operate
Deadline To Book
Friday July 1, 2022