- Day trip to Lake Naivasha
- Boat Ride on the lake
- Rock climbing at Fischer’s Tower (optional)
- Swimming at the Geothermal Hot Spa
- Lunch is included
- View of the beautiful Rift Valley
- Stop at the smallest church in Africa
Naivasha is derived from Nai'posha from the massai dialect which meaning "rough waters.” It is a name that represents the mighty lake. Lake Naivasha stands out in the Kenyan rift valley by having the highest elevation. It consists of a complex yet articulate combination of volcanic rocks and sedimentary deposits.Lake Naivasha is one of the truly astonishing examples of aquatic beauty. One of the most famous freshwater lakes in Kenya for its amazing jaw-droppingly gorgeous scenery. Hell's Gate National Park lies south of Lake Naivasha in Kenya. Spectacular scenery including the towering cliffs, water-gouged gorges, stark rock towers, scrub clad volcanoes and belching plumes of geothermal steam make it one of the most atmospheric Parks in Africa. Embark on a guided tour of boat safari where you will witness the concentrated wildlife, the vibrant birdlife and the beauty of the lake. Have a nice time dipping in the hot water at Ol Kara, known to be the largest geothermal spa in all Africa. The spa is a man made pool offering visitors an escape from the crowds and bustle into a tranquil and relaxing environment.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Everyone that enjoys nature
Meet Our Local Host
You will have a local guide
- Morning pickup from Nairobi
- Drive down to Naivasha via the scenic Rift Valley.
- On route enjoy a stop over at the Rifts view point.
- Then proceed to see the Travellers Chapel, the smallest church in Kenya and Africa.
- On arrival, enjoy a morning boat ride at the lake before embarking on game drive at Hells Gate National Park.
- If it is in you, you can opt to try rock climbing at Fischer’s Tower and cycling.
- Leaving the park, we later drive to Olkaria Geothermal Spa for a relaxing afternoon and Lunch.
- Later depart for Nairobi to arrive in the early evening.
-Transport from Nairobi, and game drives
-Park fees to Hellsgate
-Boat Ride at Lake Naivasha
-Swimming at Geothermal Spa
What's Not Included
- Extra Activities
- Rock Climbing - $100
- Cycling - Approximately $30
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 6 people
- Maximum Capacity: 12 people
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before event
- Weather Dependent: Yes
- Difficulty Level: Medium - you will be getting out of the car frequently to enjoy the
- Special Clothing Required: No
- Special Dietary Restrictions: No - All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / additional services
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Great way to get out of the bustle of the city and enjoy a chill day on the lake relaxing and hanging with the crew. Plus a great walk/hike!
This whole day was amazing! We took a ride to a look-out point as well as the smallest church in Kenya and then arrived at Lake Naivasha. We went on an amazing boat ride to see hippos and other wildlife. Our boat driver was great and the day was beautiful! We headed back to land for a yummy lunch of local fish fillet. Then we headed out to drive to Hell's Gate National Park. It started raining but we drove through the park and saw a lot of animals! We saw the inspiration for Pride Rock from The Lion King! And lastly, we headed to the geothermal pool. It was AMAZING! We swam in the HOT pool relaxing chatting with each other. Highly recommend this trip just for the pool! And then we headed home!