- 5 Day / 4 Night in a moroccan Riad with Spa near the Medina
- Explore and immerse in Marrakesh lifestyle
- Ourika Valley Waterfalls and Atlas Mountains
- Tea at Berber's Family House
Morocco has a unique atmosphere, it has been recognized for the variety of its magnificent landscapes and for the hospitality of its inhabitants. On this weekend adventure you will discover the authentic Moroccan culture with its amazing colors and cuisine and admire the sunset on the dunes, stroll on the back of a dromedary. Visit the majestic Atlas mountains and the Ourika Valley Waterfalls. You will also experience how the moroccan tea is prepared at a Berber's Family House and also learn from a Berber herbalist and a cooperative of moroccan jewellery, clothing and furniture. All while you keep exploring and tasting the small details that this destination will offer you. Embark on a dream trip through Marrakech!
Who This Experience Is Good For
You are an adventurous soul, ready to immerse in new cultures, get off the beaten track. You crave to spend time in nature and be surrounded by an aligned group of peers.
- Private airport transfer from RAK airport to accommodation. There will be someone with a "Remote Year" sign waiting at the airport for the guests.
- Ourika Valley and Atlas mountains tour: after breakfast, the group will depart on an excursion to the Ourika Valley and the foothills of the Atlas mountains. Along the way they’ll take a break at a Berber family’s house, where they can visit inside their home and have tea with the family members. After tea, the group will be taken to the base of the mount paths while riding on a camel. After that, they’ll commence the hike to see the waterfalls, followed by an included lunch by the riverside.
- Camel rides in the afternoon
- 3 course lunch - drinks are not included
- Return to Marrakech for a group dinner: in the evening there will be an included group dinner in the Jemaa El Fna Square, where they can watch as the square comes alive at night.
- Free time or optional upgrade activity Hammam (Optional)
Can booked directly with the Riad or with Ismail depending on availability
bring your bathing suit
- Afternoon Free Time
- Private airport transfer to RAK airport
- Flight back to Valencia
Optional Upgrade Activities:
ATV experience in the desert
The ATV tour is a half day activity riding through the rock desert palm groves on the outskirts of Marrakech. This is a great additional activity if you're looking for adventure and some amazing scenery. A light lunch is included. The activity can be included at an additional cost - To be announced.
Hot Air Balloon Trip
Before breakfast guests will take part in a unique experience in the heights of Marrakesh. Beautiful sunrise experience, with a 40-60 min journey in a hot air balloon with views over the desert and Atlas Mountains. Round trip transport also included. The trip can be included at an additional cost- To be announced.
After breakfast guests will take part in a traditional Moroccan experience. This includes a full body clay mask in the steam room, followed by an exfoliating scrub down. It's wonderful to soften the skin and detox the body. A full body relaxation massage with Moroccan oil can be added to complete the incredible experience. The massage can be included at an additional cost- To be announced.
- Local Guide
- Transfer from RAK Airport to Hotel and Hotel to RAK Airport
- Breakfast Day 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Lunch Day 2
- Dinner Day 2
- 4 nights accommodation in twin bedrooms (or private if booked)
- Walking Tour of Marrakesh
- Ourika Valley and Atlas Mountains tour
- Camel Ride
What's Not Included
- Lunch Day 1, 3 and 4
- Airport Transfers from Accommodation at RY City Airport/ from RY City Airport to Accommodations
- Anything not mentioned above
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 5 people
- Maximum Capacity: 10 people
- Booking Deadline: Friday December 9
- Weather Dependent: Yes - If there weather is extreme at any moment, some events might need to be rescheduled or cancelled.
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: Yes, comfortable clothing for the camel ride and hike to waterfalls.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary restrictions will be gathered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Morocco is kind of a tough place to navigate on your own, so I'm happy I did this with RY (vs booking it solo). Having someone else plan the airport transportation, pick a place to stay, and think up an itinerary was really nice. Plus, I felt safer knowing that RY was taking care of us - i.e. their vendors would be trustworthy, if something happens there's someone you can trust to help.
The experience of staying in a Riad in the Medina was really unique / authentic (much more memorable than your typical hotel), and the Riad host was a huge help. We had an amazing, delicious breakfast spread every morning at the Riad, and the owner was so kind about offering to escort us to/from where we needed to be if we got lost.
I think RY has a couple of kinks to work out as far as the planned activities go (to be expected, this was the very first time they ran this trip). I'd like to see track-style choices - i.e. the group will do "abc" and then you can choose to do either "x" or "y" before meeting back up with the group for dinner. This would allow for people with different priorities/fitness levels/interests to fully participate. I really enjoyed the Berber tea house and the food tour with Taha though - both are things I never would have done on my own and were authentic local experiences.