We’ll escape the city to enjoy natural scenery while hiking up the Mosor mountain. We’ll first meet Ante, a member of Croatian Mountain Rescue team to start our hike. He will guide us first to the mountain hut 'Umberto Girometa', which should take us some 45 minutes. There, we will be able to purchase some snacks, food, tea etc and will take a 20-30 min break. Then, we will continue further up all the way to Vickov Stup, which will be additional 1.15-1.30 mins hike. There, we will have a short break for some photo ops and continue back to the Mountain Hut and then take a slightly different path back to our starting point.
Total ascent will take us 2-2-30 mis, without the breaks.
Total lenght of the trail is app 7.5 kms
Hight difference is 680 m (app)
Level: intermediate hike (option to stay at the Mountain Hut, in case someone is a beginner)
After we finish with hiking, we will be taken to the village by Cetina river, in Dalmatian hinterland region, where we’ll meet the Bartulovic Family and try their homemade food and products they usually sell at the Green Market in Split. Their signature local dish is UNESCO protected Soparnik and one of the most famous dishes in Croatia - homemade peka, which usually are the highlight of the day. The Cetina River flows through a popular and beautiful region. Also - visiting this lovely local couple will give you the ultimate local experience.
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone who loves nature and outdoor activities
- Anyone interested in beautiful scenery
- Anyone who likes hiking
- Anyone who is interested in the gastronomy and wine culture of the destination they are visiting
- Transfers (30 mins in between each stop - hiking starting point, Blato village and back to the Works)
- Guided hiking
- Homemade lunch - peka
- Soparnik - the whole process of making it
What’s Not Included
Know Before You Go
- Maximum Capacity: 8 or 16 people
- Booking Deadline: 7 days before event
- Weather Dependent: Yes
- Difficulty Level: Easy / Medium - suitable for beginners
- Special Clothing Required: Yes - hiking shoes, appropriate clothing (joggers, jacket, layered clothing)
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping, wine and snacks and drinks in the Mountain Hut