- Culinary Experience
- Learn about oyster creation
- Taste oysters in several styles (“oyster sequence”)
- Support local seafood culture
Over 90% of the oysters supplied to Brazil are produced in Florianópolis. One of the reasons is that oyster certification was first acquired here, which ensured the quality of this seafood in the region. As part of the experience, you will visit an oyster farm in Santo Antonio de Lisboa, where you will learn about its special characteristics and why the city has become a successful example of oyster farming. After that, you will taste a traditional oyster sequence, in which the speciality is served in about 7 different styles. The oyster farming experience provides an opportunity to learn about the tradition, meet the farmers, and sample oysters prepared in many ways.
Who Is This Experience Good For
Anyone who is interested in local gastronomy mixed with culture and tradition.
Meet Our Local Host
While Santa Catarina is the country's top producer of oysters, even locals from that state are not familiar with the path molluscs take to get to the table. With an eye on the opportunity to attract locals and tourists, Freguesia Oyster Bar presents its own marine farm to customers, located in Santo Antônio de Lisboa, one of the first neighbourhoods on the island.
12 pm: meeting at Freguesia Oyster Bar
12pm: boat leaves for the farm tour - which takes around 45 minutes
1 pm: welcome glass of sparkling wine is served and oyster tasting starts - takes about 1.5-2h
2:30-3 pm: experience ends
- Transportation from the Oyster Bar to the Farm by boat
- Experienced guide explaining the oyster culture
- Translation into English from an RY staff member
- A glass of sparkling wine
- The tasting menu includes oysters in many styles: steamed, raw, au gratin, with garlic and oil, as well as oyster skewers, shrimp patties, oyster risottos, and oyster stroganoff.
What's Not Included
- Extra Drinks
- Food that is not part of the experience
Know Before You Go
- Maximum Capacity: 4 people
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before the event
- Weather Dependent: Yes. In case of rain or wind, the tour may be rescheduled.
- Special Clothing Required: No
- Special Dietary Restrictions: Yes - snacks may contain gluten
- Extra Cash: Not needed
- Transportation: Not included
- Additional Information: Exclusive for RY