- Arts & Crafts
- 4 hours of creating art with local Tanzanian artists
- Freestyle or be taught how to draw the Tanzanian style art called Tinga Tinga
- Take home your art masterpiece when you're done
At a new venue this time around. Come be immersed in the culture of art through paint and canvas here in Tanzania. You will have the choice to freestyle or be guided through the technique of art making here called Tinga Tinga
Who This Experience Is Good For
Lovers of art, one who would like to learn a new skill
Meet Our Local Host
The Museum Art Center started in 2000 is located at the Natural History Museum of Arusha. This museum is a branch of the National Museum of Tanzania, situated in the heart of the tourist hotspot of Arusha town since 1987. Here we will get to experience a difference in technique and touch from local artists.
- 10:45 AM meet at RY co working space and head to the garden
- 11 AM welcome meet the crew and start on your art experience
- 2 PM end of the session
- Choose to head back to RY co working space or explore the town on your own
- Art Lessons and materials needed
- A nature-filled environment
What’s Not Included
- Food or snacks, but there is a restaurant on site.
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 5 people
- Maximum Capacity: 20 people
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: No
- Special Dietary Restrictions: There is a restaurant on site that can cater to dietary needs
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / additional services
- Accommodation: This will be an outdoor event at an outdoor garden
- Transportation: Round Trip transportation to and from this experience is not included, but can be arranged. There will be an option to meet first at the coworking space and take transport together for your comfort.
- Additional Information: Lunch is available at the restaurant on site
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I had a lovely time painting with my group. We didn't get much guidance from the local artists so we all selected our own original designs and started painting! The artists were happy to help with details, providing more paint and general questions. We were even serenaded by one artist with a guitar! Afterwards we ate a wonderful (cheap!) meal at the restaurant and headed home. A lovely way to spend a morning getting creative!