- Culture, Arts & Crafts
- Meet famous Ebru artist Tüzin Tiryaki
- Create your own paper marbling ebru
- Enjoy the views from a 360ª terrace in Galata area
The Turkish art of paper marbling, known as Ebru, has been added to the United Nations’ world cultural heritage list by UNESCO.'
In this once in a lifetime experience you will visit Ozza’s workshop studio in a century-old heritage building in Galata, one of the most beautiful and vibrant neighborhoods in Istanbul.
The experience will be guided by the well known Artist Tuzin Tiryaki. One of the most recognized Marbeling Turkish artist in the world.
The teacher will show the fundamental techniques and usage of traditional tools. Each participant will start creating the first pieces on Ebru tray. Towards the end of the workshop, your first Ebru papers will dry. Meanwhile, the hosts will show you their terrace/rooftop for watching the unique 360-degree view of Istanbul; the historical peninsula, and Bosphorus. You will enjoy the scene with Turkish coffee, Turkish delights, and delicious Turkish snacks.
At the end of the workshop, you will be able to take your Ebru works with you, take as many photos and videos as you wish and you will also get a Certificate of Attendance to the Turkish Marbling - Ebru Art Workshop in this famous studio.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Artists, creatives and anyone who loves immersing in the culture of a new destination and creating things with their own hands and minds!
Easy, no experience necessary.
Meet Our Local Host
Ozza Galata is the owner of the studio, which hosts many cultural-art-performing activities. Their Turkish Marbling Artist and the lecturer is Tuzin Tiryaki who is a well-known artist on traditional Turkish arts. She has been studying Turkish Marbling Art for 27 years professionally. She has given hundreds of workshops in Turkey and abroad and this time around, you will be the lucky ones learning from her.
- Ebru artist teacher Tüzin Tiryaki
- All the materials necessary to create your paper marbling
- Snacks, drinks, invitation to 360º terrace
- Your ebru painting
What's Not Included
- Extra food or drinks not mentioned
- Anything not mentioned above
- Special Clothing Required: Yes - art doesn’t understand perfection, plan your clothing thinking you might stain them!
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
4 days prior to the start of the experience