- Positive Impact Experience
- The traditional village of fishermen community in Desa Perancak in North West Bali
- Set baby turtles on the sand and watch them flaps towards the sea for the first time
- Enjoy fresh lunch on the beach
- See the beautifully decorated Madurese-style fishing boats in Desa Perancak
- Hands-on demo of the giant bamboo instruments of the local jegog orchestra
- Contributions to the local village & Kurma Asih the turtle lovers group
You will travel to the Northwest side of Bali, Jembrana, specifically Desa Perancak. This is the village where a community of fishermen who are also a community who call themselves turtle lovers, Kurma Asih resides. The journey to reach the village takes almost 3 hours one way depending on the traffic. Considering the journey each baby turtle has to embrace fighting natural predators and poachers, 3 hours seems to be less.
In this trip, we are working directly with the local community, therefore all profits and contributions stay in the community. You will also get the chance to interact with the locals in this village. Fresh lunch provided by the locals will be served on the beach for you to enjoy together with them.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Culture enthusiasts, environmentalists, basically anyone!
Meet Our Local Host
Kurma Asih, a group of turtle lovers who self-started in 1997 once the first turtle in 37 years landed to nest on Perancak Beach will be your host on this trip. An international NGO together with Kurma Asih launched a conservation program, however the NGO phased out in 2022, since then Kurma Asih carried the mission alone.
- Pick up at accommodation
- About 3 hours trip to Desa Perancak on a Minibus
- Village tour
- Education on the turtles’ life
- Turtles release to the sea
- Lunch on the beach
- See and learn about the Madurese-style fishing boats in Perancak Bay
- See a hands-on demo of the giant bamboo instruments of the local jegog orchestra
- Back to Canggu
- Local Guide
- Ground Transportation - Round trip to Desa Perancak and back to Canggu
- Food - Lunch - Fresh lunch made by the locals. Vegan and vegetarian menu is available.
- Food - Snacks - Local delicacy
- Drinks - A bottle of mineral water, Coffee
- Contributions to the village
What's Not Included
- Extra cash for personal expenses
- Tipping for vendors
- Take away gift
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 2 people
- Maximum Capacity: No max
- Booking Deadline: 7 days before event
- Weather Dependent: Yes - some itinerary might get rearranged or rescheduled in case of rains
- Difficulty Level: Easy, in this trip you will be having a village tour guided by the local guide
- Special Clothing Required: Yes - active gear, wear comfortable shoes.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: No
- Extra Cash: Bring only cash for extra purchases
- Transportation: Included - total trip will take about 9 hours depending on the traffic
- Additional Information:
- Sudden schedule changes may occur following the Balinese religious events in the local village.
- The trip is going to take about 3 hours one way (could be more depending on the traffic) to the Northwest of Bali. Make sure you have already had breakfast beforehand. Or pack light bites with you.
- Packed water and snacks are highly encouraged for the journey.
- Tipping for your host/driver is not necessary