- Paint in nature
- Enjoy lunch in the nature
- Enjoy captivating landscapes and fresh air
En plein air is a French expression meaning “in the open air”, and refers to the act of painting outdoors with the artist’s subject in full view.Interest in outdoor painting has remained constant since the twentieth century. Today’s artists carry on the traditions of these past masters by capturing light and movement in landscapes that can only come from seeing the subject outdoors in its natural form.
In this experience, you will get to paint in one of Nairobi's preserved forests, breathing in the fresh air and assisted by an experienced artist. In between the painting, you will get to enjoy a sumptuous picnic-style lunch
Who This Experience Is Good For
This experience is great for art enthusiasts, both beginner and advanced
Meet Our Local Host
Sirali Wambui is a talented artist whose work spans many years. She specializes in painting and sculpting using various methods and has an art studio in Nairobi.
- 9:00 am -Depart the workspace for the experience
- 10:00 am - Arrive at the forest and begin the experience
- 1:00 pm - Have lunch
- 2:00 pm - Depart for the workspace
-All art supplies provided
-Step by step guidance from team.
-Guided Meditation + positive affirmations exercise
-Karura entry fee + picnic fee
-Lunch + Drinks
-Maasai shuka and throw pillows set up
-Easels for all.
What's Not Included
- Refreshments en-route
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 8 people
- Maximum Capacity: 25 people
- Booking Deadline: 3 days before event
- Weather Dependent: Yes
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: You are advised to wear comfortable shoes for walking in the forest, and wear clothes that you do not mind if they get soiled with paint
- Special Dietary Restrictions: If communicated earlier
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / donation / additional services
- Transportation: The forest lies on the western of Nairobi, approximately 20 minutes from the workspace depending on traffic