- You will be hosted by a local silversmith family
- The workshop will be held in a local Balinese compound
- Learn how Silver jewelry are made
- You choose what jewelry design you want
- Bring home your newly handmade jewelry!
The Balinese people, who are primarily Hindu, have a long and illustrious history. Arts and crafts are a significant part of their culture, and among their artisans is a community of highly skilled silversmiths. While silversmithing is practiced all around the island, there is a concentration of silversmiths in and around Celuk, a village in the south central part of the island where this workshop is held. Balinese silversmiths use a traditional method to craft their jewelry which you will be able to do as well! By joining this workshop, you will bring home a souvenir that is very close to the core of Balinese tradition. It will always remind you of Bali.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Crafty and creative people who would want to unleash their inner creativity. Or even if you just want to get your own customized jewelry, this workshop fits perfectly!
Easy, no experience necessary.
Meet Our Local Host
Pak Puriana has been making silver for as long as he could remember. He was born into a silversmith family in Desa Celuk, where he resides. He and his brother and sister will guide you in this workshop to make the jewelry dream of yours.
- Pick up at the accommodation
- Arrival at Pak Puriana’s Balinese compound
- An introduction to silver making by the host
- Hands on silver making class
- Back to Canggu
- Local host
- Ground Transportation - Round trip to Desa Celuk and back to Canggu
- Drinks - mineral water
- 10 grams of Sterling Silver to make into jewelry
- Take away gift - You will be able to bring back the Jewelry you made or purchase an existing silver jewelry at the location
What's Not Included
- Additional purchase of souvenirs
- Additional purchase of stones as decoration and extra grams of the Sterling Silver (not necessary)
Know Before You Go
– The workshop is located in Desa Celuk - an area near Ubud, it will take around one hour to reach the premise (depending on the traffic)
– Packed water and snacks are highly encouraged for the journey.
– This is not a food event, so there will be no meal provided, make sure you have had your lunch before the pick up or bring your own meal.
– Tipping for your host/driver is not necessary.
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
5 days prior to the start of the experience