- Discover the hidden beauty of Hanoi's old town and its cuisine
- Taste different local treats
Hanoi is undoubtedly one of Vietnam's most well-known towns for street food, a foodie's paradise with a wide range of soups, noodles, snacks, coffee, and much more. There's no better way to discover the hidden beauties of Hanoi's old town and its cuisine than on this one-of-a-kind and meticulously planned street food tour.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone who loves Vietnamese street food
Easy - No experience needed
Meet Our Local Host
- The tour starts by taking you to West Lake where you will find the greatest “bánh mì” place in town. After that, you will visit one of the original egg coffee shops. You will not only enjoy the Hanoian Cappuccino coffee but also get to know the procedure of making it.
- The next stop is an ancient cuisine alley where you can try the truly authentic version of “bún chả” and spring rolls – Hanoian specialties. Later on, you will pass by a few interesting streets in the old quarters which are still devoted to their original trades to get to try Hanoian savory pancake and Vietnamese steamed rice rolls.
- Next, you will drink local draught beer and enjoy the best beef noodle in a home-cook’s house. The place is truly hidden that you can never find it by yourself.
It is coffee time again. You enjoy coffee in style – the café is hidden in a French mansion built in 1936. The coffee with the secret ingredient is definitely a special treat before you do a “secret walk” to get to know how local people live their lives in the oldest and most expensive area of Hanoi.
- The last stop is the original French recipe ice cream served in a shop formerly owned by the French.
- English speaking guide
- All the food and drinks mentioned in the itinerary - Vegan/Vegetarian option available
- Entrance fee
What’s Not Included
- Gratitude/ Tips to Tour Guide
- Other personal expenses
- Please bring: Sun or rain protection, comfortable shoes and clothes
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
1 week before the event
Frequently Asked Questions
This is what it is all about. The incredible delicacies that we tried here set me up for the rest of the month eating my way through the city, and introduced me to things that I wouldn't necessarily have known to try.
Hanoi has so so so much beyond just Pho, that this type of experience, especially at the beginning of the month, makes an immense difference in the overall experience.
Now I am just a sad heartbroken boy who will miss his heavy hitters, the ones that make your mouth water and question "will my mouth ever be as titillated again?", "was it as good for her (various street vendor ladies who got sick of my face) as it was for me?", "does she still think about me?".
The answer to all of these questions, obviously, is no.