This throwing sport is the National Sport of Colombia. Feel the pressure, commit to your team & scream with excitement at every blasting score. This game is lived up with beers, music, explosions and friends. The aim is to land the puck hitting the exploding gunpowder-filled targets known as “mecha”. Over 500 years old, it is considered the oldest indigenous game recorded in the Americas.
- English speaker professional tejo player who will explain rules and techniques
- Two drinks per person (water or beer)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
WHAT TO BRING
- Good Vibes, good attitude
- Cash for additional drinks
THE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- The Venue is about 20 min away from Selina, however with traffic, it can take up to 50 mins to get there (by car)
- If you taking Uber/Didi, plan to leave at least 45 mins ahead due to rush hour and traffic.
- Tejo starts 7:00 PM sharp
- Thankfully it is only 15 minutes back unless it's raining
- Take cash and eat before or plan to eat after. There is no food at the venue rather than chips and some nuts
- The venue sells beer, soda, and water
- Follow the map to easily access the court: PARQUEADERO POLIDEPORTIVO SUR ENVIGADO
Frequently Asked Questions
People. It's an experience where you get to throw things at other things, but they blow up. Work on your form, drink a beer, have a laugh, and don't take life too seriously.
It is so much fun to set off an explosion by hitting the target that you end up high-fiving the other teams hits too!
Great experience for a super fun game! Cheap drinks and lots of excitement with explosives