HighlightsColombia's National sport.
DescriptionThis throwing sport is the National Sport of Colombia. Feel the pressure, commit to your team & scream with excitement at every blasting score. This game is lived up with beers, music, explosions and friends. The aim is to land the puck hitting the exploding gunpowder-filled targets known as “mecha”. Over 500 years old, it is considered the oldest indigenous game recorded in the Americas.
Who This Experience Is Good For
For anyone that likes to be immerse in the local culture. Tejo is the National sport of our Country and our host will love to share his about this local sport that you will only find in Colombia.
Meet Our Local HostChris is a North American professional Tejo Player who fell in love with the sport and our country. He is an advocate and very passionate about this sport he will introduce you on how to play and make your evening a very pleasant one.
Itinerary- Meet at the Tejo place.
- Introduction to Tejo.
- Game starts at 7 pm and ends at 9 pm.
- English speaker professional tejo player who will explain rules and techniques.
- Two drinks per person (water or beer).
What’s Not Included- Transportation.
- Tips for Vendor.
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 6 people.
- Maximum Capacity: 20 people.
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before event.
- Weather Dependent: No.
- Difficulty Level: Easy.
- Special Clothing Required: No.
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping and drinks.
- Transportation: Not included.
- Additional Information: The Venue is about 20 min away from Selina, however with traffic, it can take up to 50 mins to get there (by car).
If you taking Uber/Didi, plan to leave at least 45 mins ahead due to rush hour and traffic.
Take cash and eat before or plan to eat after. There is no food at the venue rather than chips and some nuts.
The venue sells beer, soda, and water.
Follow the map to easily access the court: PARQUEADERO POLIDEPORTIVO SUR ENVIGADO
Frequently Asked Questions
People. It's an experience where you get to throw things at other things, but they blow up. Work on your form, drink a beer, have a laugh, and don't take life too seriously.
It is so much fun to set off an explosion by hitting the target that you end up high-fiving the other teams hits too!
Great experience for a super fun game! Cheap drinks and lots of excitement with explosives