- 2 days, 1 night
- Explore Flores Island
- Guided tour of Tikal
Due to its huge extension of tropical vegetation, the Maya Biosphere was created in El Petén in 1990 in an effort to conserve the largest and most important area of tropical forest remaining north of the Amazon which is home to a wide variety of exotic creatures such as jaguars and other wild cats, tapirs, monkeys,
crocodiles, and over 500 species of birds.
Hidden within the vast rainforest, innumerable Maya archaeological sites remain - some already discovered, partially excavated and restored, and who knows how many others still lie in wait! Among the most famous of these sites is Tikal - a double UNESCO World Heritage Site (culture & nature), where impressive structures tower over 60m (200ft) high, and well above the treetops).
Who This Trip Is Good For
This is a great experience for adventurous people who love the jungle, the heat, the ancient Maya ruins and stepping outside their comfort zone.
Hard - The weather is intense with the added element of mosquitos and being in the jungle.
Morning - Transfer to Guatemala City Airport. Flight to Flores. Explore Flores.
Afternoon - Off to Yaxha Arqueological site, petite and amazing energy.
Evening - Overnight stay in Tikal national Park
Morning - Early morning rise, Tikal guided visit.
Afternoon - Transfer to Santa Elena Airport, flight back to Guatemala City and transfer to Antigua.
Evening - Arrive to Antigua
- Transportation - Round Trip - All transportation including flights & airport transfers.
- Entrance Fee / Tickets - Tikal National park & Yaxha Arqueological site.
- Local Guide at both sites.
- Walking Tour of 2 parks.
- Food - Lunch - Day 1 and 2
What's Not Included
- Extra Food - breakfast and dinners.
- Tips for vendors and guides
- Extra Food
- Entrance Fee / Tickets
- Santa Elena Airport departure and return fee not included $3 USD
Things You Should Know
- Special clothing required - Warm weather clothes that may get dirty and athletic recommended.
- Bring water
- Because the weather is hot jungle with 90% humidity, clothing should be for these conditions.
We have a selection of local guides, for Yaxha and Tikal, these are experienced guides and go at your pace, also these are all private experiences. So a tailor made tour.
Minimum Needed To Operate
Deadline To Book
7 days prior to the trip start date