- Learn first-hand cultural things about Peru that you, 100% guaranteed, will not learn anywhere else
- Learn first-hand cultural things about Lima that you, 100% guaranteed, will not learn anywhere else
- Learn an awesome Pisco class, prepare your own drinks/cocktails
This is a Peruvian version of ‘Who is America?’ This afternoon tour will give you the perfect introduction to Peruvian culture and a bit of our history in a fun, funny way. You will learn about us in a unique, completely different style, this is not the typical touristy guided tour!
First, we’ll drive to the Morro Solar in Chorrillos. From here you will have a good sight of the city. On one side you will see all the nice apartments overlooking the Pacific Ocean, on the other, you will see the slums or aka the shanty towns of Peru's capital city. Then you will learn about the war between Peru and Chile and will find out why we love each other so much 😅. After that, we will visit the Peru brand and learn about Limeños (people from Lima) and how a single video has changed drastically our "culture" and mindset in the last decade
Then we'll head back to Selina where a special local guest will be teaching us about Pisco, Peru's national drink. You’ll learn about the history, the origins, and how to make variations of our two classic cocktails, the Pisco Sour and Chilcano, and will of course finish our event tasting a few of those drinks (or more!)
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone interested in culture, experiences and fun
Meet Our Local Host
The first part of the event will be guided by your very own Lima City Manager. I have tons of experience guiding groups and I absolutely love sharing local cultural things about Peru and Lima.
The second part will be led by Maurice, he has lots of experience teaching how to prepare Pisco cocktails and will even teach you our own RY variant of our most popular local drink.
- 5:15PM: Transport to Chorrillos, an area that’s out of the touristy districts in Lima, for our first stop
- 6:10PM: Second stop to explain cultural things about the people from Lima
- 6:45PM: Back to Selina to start the second part of the experience and enjoy some Pisco
- Local Guide
- Transportation - Round Trip
- Drinks and snacks
What's Not Included
- Additional drinks or snacks
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 07 people
- Maximum Capacity: 30 people
- Booking Deadline: 1 day before the event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: No
- Special Dietary Restrictions: Most dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / donation / additional services
- What To Bring: Comfy clothes. winter jacket. sneakers, comfy shoes, no heels
- No refunds: There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors
Frequently Asked Questions
Francisco enjoys sharing much knowledge about Peru and it's peoples customs. In a way, when you discover the food of Peru (that has many great options) you learn more about it's people- what motivated them and drove them to build up the city in the way they have. Ending this experience with Peruvian drinks is also not a bad idea. Well played.
So much excellent history comes with learning how to make the local food and drinks. Having that intimate connection and background makes you feel armed with a special secret knowledge going out into the world the next day! This is a great core experience, highly reccomend.